Yosef Meystel possesses nearly two decades of experience in residential administration. He began his professional career as an assistant administrator at Brightview Care Center in Chicago before going on to direct a 150-employee nursing home in Lincolnwood. In 2012, Yosef Meystel joined Aperion Care, where, as president, he facilitates all human resource and finance operations. Mr. Meystel leveraged his business acumen and background in accounting toward fostering partnerships with banks to secure loans and carry out financial negotiations. In his eight years with the company, Mr. Meystel grew the company’s portfolio from 2 to 24 nursing homes dispersed throughout Indiana, Texas, and Illinois.
Meystel currently focuses on healthcare investment and philanthropy. As a dedicated philanthropist, he contributes to a variety of local Jewish organizations throughout Illinois. These include the Center for Torah, Joan Dachs Bais Yaako Chicago, and Chesed Agudath Israel of Illinois. Meystel also supports the work of the Jewish United Fund/Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Chicago, which serves the Chicago Jewish community, aiming to promote the welfare of the Jewish people and retain their cultural heritage. Additionally, he participates in multiple community organizations and public programs.
For the past decade, he has held a board membership with the Joan Dachs Bais Yaakov, a Jewish elementary school offering faith-based early childhood education. Additionally, he sits on the executive committee for the Agudath Israel of Illinois. For the past 18 years, he has maintained active involvement with The Chicago Center for Torah and Chesed, a synagogue offering community resources and activities.
Outside of his professional obligations, Mr. Meystel is a fan of professional sports, including baseball, basketball, football, and soccer. He is an avid supporter of Chicago’s hometown teams, including the Bulls, Cubs, Whitesox, Bears, and Blackhawks.
- Aperion Care Offers Seniors-Protected Environment and Specialized Care - Living in an assisted-living facility offers seniors a protected environment to help insulate them from possible abuse. Aperion Care owns and manages a number of nursing homes across Illinois, Indiana and Texas. The founder and president, Yosef Meystel, explains the benefits and advantages of nursing homes over home care. Assistance with daily tasks As people […]
- Operation ASHA: a tuberculosis-free world - So you may ask yourself, what does TB and Chicago´s philanthropy world have in common and how are they related? It is a good question to ask yourself since tuberculosis is a disease that has already been cured in the United States and in most 1st world countries. So, why does Chicago help out on […]
- Keshet: Life and Love for Those with Disabilities - When we think about the most pressing issues cities have to deal with, we wonder about poverty, starvation, illiteracy, and other situations that may negatively affect the environment and our local communities. Usually, we look for solutions to these problems and create NGO’s and nonprofit organizations dedicated to providing the necessary resources some people are […]
- Gleaners Community Food Bank: a hunger-free community in southeast Michigan - What is better than a hot meal at the end of a cold day? Or a good breakfast to start your day with energy and good vibrations? Well, maybe there is nothing better than that and sometimes all of us take that for granted. Yosef Meystel, the owner of a number of nursing homes through […]
- A Nonprofit Helping Families Solve Their Issues in Chicago - Big cities are great places to live in but they also have major issues to deal with. As one of the biggest cities in the United States, Chicago is not the exception to this statement. Statistics show that some Chicagoans are starving, others are victims of abuse or come from a broken family. Many nonprofits […]