Here is when you shouldn’t ignore those signs and why.
- Headache. There are numerous reasons you can’t ignore a sudden and severe headache. It can mean many things such as a migraine, glaucoma, trauma, temporal arteritis or more.
- Chest pains. Sudden chest pains could indicate a heart attack or pulmonary embolism.
- Abdominal pains. Severe abdominal pains could be a symptom of inflammation, stretching of an organ, IBS, pr abdominal hernia. For women, pain in the pelvic area could be a symptom of ovarian cysts, endometriosis or ovulation.
- Legs. If you have pain or tingling in your legs, it could be a sign of nerve damage, muscle cramps, blood clots, arthritis or more.
- Side. Sharp pains in your side could indicate kidney stones.
- Back. Sharp back pain can mean various things. Some of the things to be careful for are back pain after trauma, back pain in patients with a history of cancer or osteoporosis.
It’s a good idea to contact your doctor if you get any of these sudden and severe pains. While it may be nothing, or there may be an easy explanation, it is better to be safe rather than sorry.